According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Some of my latest doll work for customers



I wanted to share some photos of some of the latest doll work I have been doing for customers.



This first one is an original china head that came in with just the head and nothing else. So i made the leather body for this lovely gal as well as found replacement reproduction arms and legs ad then made this to die for Satin dress with Antique lace all over it. All the clothing was removeable and included the dress, the slip and underwear as well. The dress bodice was also partially lined and closed with snaps.


This second one is an old compostion doll that I repaired the arms, legs and cracked/broken head on, cleaned the origianl cloth body, restuffed the hole thing as the stuffing was molded and VERY funky to say the least and trhen I also made the clothes. The lace trim is antique as well as the cotton dress which I hand dyed as well. I included the bonnet, the dress, slip panties , diaper and crocheted bootie. Also a new felt tongue as her old one was missing.

Other than that I have been very busy doing doll work, painting, house work, gardening and the such. I have my first art piece to hang in a gallery show in October which I am very excited about. I have my first public show at an Apple Festival in September and am gearing up to do a doll for Dream Halloween again as well as a Christmas event for Akrons Children Hospital which I am very excited about as well. SO hope you like the newest dolly work and as soon as I get more photos developed will post them here for all of you.

No comments: