According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another doctors visit

The photos in today's blog are from an E-bay auction that was brought to my attention from an online group I belong to called Viki's Finds and her Top E-bay picks. This doll is a full body sculpt done in an oven bake polymer clay with Mohair wig. What I find fascinating is that not that many people for some reason sculpt dolls of men and this one is so incredibly well done, I just had to share hi with all of you. His "Tarzan" outfit is made of leather and does reveal a little bit of "tushie" so if you are of faint heart skip that photo that is enclosed in this blog as well. Hopefully this artist does more of this kind of thing soon and for the life of me I wish I could remember her name but you know they say the first thing to go is your mind !
Well I saw yesterday the urologist and I am scheduled Friday for actual surgery, apparently they do not want to waste anytime fooling around. I found out the stones are 7 and 8 millimeters in size and when most people pass them they are no more than a 4 in size. The other thing in regard to them is that they are positioned in such away that the "water blasting" that at times is done, is not possible so its actual surgery. They go up in you with a scope, crush them and then pull them out. While in you they are going to temporarily leave a plastic stint as the thingy the pee goes through usually collapses when they remove stones of this size.

The plastic stint is left in long enough for this thingy to heal itself around it and keep the shape its suppose to and then its another procedure to have it removed. Honestly, I am a little scared but I also know it could have been much worse, and because it is not I am thankful and grateful. Not sure about the time yet on Friday as the doctors office has not called back but it is done at the hospital as an outpatient. I swear they do not keep anybody for anything anymore--oh well, what is a boy to do.

One other thing I found out is that he is 90% sure they are caused by the medications I am on and that I am not drinking nearly enough water and because of that the medications as they "dissolve" turn into this gooey glop of gunk that then turns into crystals that have calcium in them and they then in turn into stones. So I have to drink more water to help prevent this from happening again. The thing is out of all the times I have had these this is the first doctor that has said this. At least now I know, and can do something about it.


The dresses for the doll for the church raffle are almost done, have to buy baby socks and shoes yet and finish the bear to go with it but should have that done by the deadline. I am also working on patterns for a secret collaboration with an other artist. It is three glamorous dresses, one of which is going to be made from antique material, but don't want to say more than that as I want the other artist to reveal it all when it is all done, so keep posted.

Hope all of you are well and know that you are in my thoughts.


Charlie

I know you guys more than likely know the words to this as well as I do, so join me and sing along and for wondering minds yes this "queen" is dancing in the corner to it !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlie....
Good luck on your surgery...think good thoughts..I will. SO happy to hear your T cell count is up...way to go!

Hi to Jim also

Norita