According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, October 1, 2007

Jim's Birthday

Well as I said in yesterday's post today is Jim's birthday. So this morning afer showering and shaving it was off to do errands. First the post office to mail more E-bay stuff I sold--you have to love the idea of making money while sitting at your computer in your jammies! The to the bank to depoist a customer check form a doll pickup yesterday, the the grocery store to get Jim's card and cake and then off to Borders to get Jim's present.

I got Jim Paula Deen's "Just Deserts" cookbook, Paula Deen's 2008 Calender/planner and the september issue of her magazine--jim just loves that "damn Paual Deen" as he says. The recipes are so easy and so delicious or as Paula would say just yummy! so the stuff was waiting for him when he came home on lunch break as well as a kitchen filled with smoke as I had a small grease firs on the stove this afternoon as well--scared me to death and the oil smoke brought tears to my eyes but all in all no damage thank G-d.

This early evening we went Down to Berlin, Ohio only about a half hour from here and wen tto supper at the Der Dutchman--both of which is the heart of Amish Country for those outside of Ohio reading this. The area is the largest Ohio residence of Amish in the entire state--We had such a nice drive the leaves are just beginning to change and we are talking of going sometime next week to try to catch the big leaf color change as well.

I ordered the Oz themed Iron ons from E-bay today to go with the doll for Akron's Children's Hospital so hopefully na day or so they should be here. My brother came up with the idea to embroider them ina Mustard color in reference to the Yellow Brick Road and the mustard color would be easier to see than just plain yellow--I had to agree. I guess until today I didn't realize how hard it can be to find Oz realted stuff outside of the internet !
Well gang until tommorrow--I am calling it an early night--
Charlie


No comments: