According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, October 14, 2007

The last week

Well gang, again sorry it has taken so long to blog but things here are chaotic to say the least again and it seems like if they weren't I wouldn't know what to do at times.

First and probably the least crazy thing is that Jackie (that's my 5 year old Shi Itzu) has been battling fleas really bad the last few days I think it has been because it has cooled of and we have been spending more time outside which we both love, but the poor thing has been fighting fleas because of it--all we need is one good killing frost to end the outside battle and we are struggling to stay ahead of the inside battle.

Second and probably the worst of it was a "customer" I had this last week that picked up a job. "They" after a day of having the job complained that the work was at very best inferior, shoddy and absolutely terrible. The sewing was that of an unskilled third world child laborer and that the sewing as we speak is falling apart and that the clothing items did not and would never fit the doll right. While I had no right repairing dolls in anyway, I should pack it up and call it a day.

Now I know that everybody is entitled to an opinion, but my thing is--why is it that when my work is attacked that in the process everything about my work, myself, my character is ripped to shreds? Why is I am left feeling like I never want to deal with another customer as long as I live? Then also why is it I have gotten some high praise and recommendations from this within the doll making field---It is not everybody that is asked by IDEX to be involved in their charity auction-- and be the ONLY NON-INDUSTRY (corporate professional) person in their auction ever. Hello, that says something in my mind but then again I have lost my mind.

There are times and this week has been one of them where I just want to walk away from it all and never do it again, I have grown tired of all of the "crapola" people can dole out and that mean spirited people seem to feel that they can just come in a do and say anything you want and you have to take no questions asked and of course nothing said back in self defense---I am over it!

Last is this idea of being some one's moral support and their "rock" during a crisis. Not that I am complaining in anyway about my being asked to do this for a very old friend as I love them as family--I guess what I want to say is that I did not expect it would take so much. I am not in a position to talk about details here or what this old friend is going through as of yet--but I do know it has so far been one of the most trying times they have gone through in a while. I feel to a degree blessed that I can be there for them during this time of" trial by fire" and I am prayerfully that I am given what I need so I may in return be there for them.

I do have a small "happy moment" to report--the last E-bay seller I was trying to buy a book from (Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum) was a huge help this week in helping me figure out what kind of Wizard of Oz books are out there--the different levels, ages, prices and that they were wanting to help me get the best books for the best dollars and especially in regards to the books I am missing in the series. Overall he said I had done rather well--right now there were only 2 books he would consider I was "somewhat" jipped on.

He said from what I said is I wanted books between 1910- 1940's, books with color plates, hard covers and little wear--this is about 3/4 of what I have already. A few hard cover books without the color plates but not to worry to much about them overall. So for this E-bay seller who was an extremely nice guy who was also very helpful thank you for making my week.

No comments: