According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lessons From Oz


Well gang one of te many things I bought at the Chesterton, Indiana Wizard of Oz Festival this year was a book titled "Lessons From Oz". I actually got to meet the autthor of the book and got her to autogrpah it for me. Actually we kind of swapped one of my collage pieces for a book--it worked for both of us.

Lessons Freom Oz was written by Julienee La Fleur and published by The Flower Tree Press and is 181 pages long. It is sort of this Oz tribute meets self help book which is wonderfully and created and written. Witty, clever, charming, funny and at times a little brassy it was the type of book I could not put down. Each section of the book relates itself to a section in the 1939 MGM movie and most often comes with stills from the movie. Chapters include: Auntie Em's Advice, When Life Gets Stormy, Who Killed my sister---well you get the idea. The book is $1995 and be purchsed directly on their website http://lessonsfromoz.com you can also read reviews and get a sample chapter to read as well.


I know this little charmer is at the top of my list of must reads for the year.


No comments: