According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, October 8, 2009

With A Feather On My Nose


I know it has been ages since doing a post here but I want my readers to know that I am going to rededicate myself to this site, college or no college. The first weeks were crazy and insane and this site suffered horridly because of it. The schedule, the homework, the classes but in the process I fell in love with all of it! Thaks for your patience, your understanding and you unending support--I love you for it.

One of my newest acquistions is the book "With A Feather On My Nose" by Billie Burke with Cameron Shipp. The publisher is the Crowell-Collier Publishing Company and was printed in 1948. At 260 pages in length this was a good read about parts of Billie's life, not all of it entireally and I think with some effort could be better than waht it is. I am not saying it wasn't good it was just not what I expected it to be, and with only one very small paragraph about "The Wizard of Oz" it left me feeling like I wanted more.


I got my edition on E-bay and with shipping I paid $9.94, so not a total loss. A good book if you a DIE-HARD Billie Burke fan but skip it if you are wanting a trip down Oz memory lane-- it just isn't going to happen.


No comments: