According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Newest Poetry

In this our time of battle cry
Our hearts having hardened
Eyes once open, but now are closed
We have mingled our blood
With that of our flowing tears
Creating this valley of pain and despair
There seems to be no room for pity
Screaming bombs surrounds us
Yet now in blessed safety we slumber

How can my brother you slumber yet
When disaster surrounds us
The sea at turmoil still
Growing ever more violently into the storm
Battlefields where scarcely anyone
Could save themselves
Out of our army of soldiers
The only survivor am I
Knowing no peace when I came home

We who went forth swords in our hands
Fell into the hands of our enemies
How do I begin to describe the fire of battle
Refusing to believe death would strike us
We were the young, the brave, the strong
Were we invincible, sadly no we weren't
Yet in my escape of bomb riddled land
I had come to hope justice for justice
That my strength would be delivered

My soul when I had one longed only for you
That my journey through the desert
Would lead straight to you, hesitating not
To cling in our embrace
To speak the horrors of this holocaust
My voice to speak of where my mind lingers
But never my heart for you alone possess it
The battle is far from over my lover
Can you still hear the screaming of bombs
How could I have ever slumbered

No comments: