According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Bound No'th Blues" by Langston Hughes



  Since yesterday I posted a poetry piece my Countee Cullen I thought it only fair that I also post one from Langston Hughes who is "rumored" to have been gay as well.                     
 

                        “Bound No’th Blues”

                        Goin’ down the road, Lawd,
                        Goin’ down the road.
                        Down the road, Lawd,
                        Way, way down the road.
                        Got to find somebody
                        To help me carry this load.

                        Road’s in front o’ me,
                        Nothin’ to do but walk.
                        Road’s in front of me,
                        Walk…an’ walk…an’ walk.
                        I’d like to meet a good friend
                        To come along an’ talk.

                        Hates to be lonely,
                        Lawd, I hates to be sad.
                        Says I hates to be lonely,
                        Hates to be lonely an’ sad,
                        But ever friend you finds seems
                        Like they try to do you bad.

                        Road, road, road, O!
                        Road, road…road…road, road!
                        Road, road, road, O!
                        On the no’thern road.
                        These Mississippi towns ain’t
                        Fit fer a hoppin’ toad

No comments: