According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Chanukah and Waylon Flowers with Madame

Well the funky feeling of yesterday has past as well as that Alberta Clipper and some of the snow has melted already believe or not, so it isn't nearly as deep as yesterday. The "girls" though--Jackie and Glinda--the soon to be 6 year old and 2 1/1 year old Shi Itzu's, just love playing in the snow though while me "Daddy" freezes his tukas off. You think they think they are part Saint Bernard or something the way the tow of them carry on in the snow.

Chanukah here has been rather quiet and laid back which has been nice and it has never really beent he craiziness that Christmas takes on. This year its more of a personal journey into myself and my spirituality than ever before. I know to some it may sound very odd but there is a very big part of me that has always and willa lways see myself as a Jew. I guess for the last year it is something I was either trying to hide, something I was ashamed off of--in many ways the way "I felt" about it is hard to explain.



I was browsing "Youtube" yesterday and ran across "an old freind" that some of you may remember especially if you watched Hollywood Squares.... Waylan Flowers and Madame. You know looking back at it now all these years later--we had our share of gay men on tv, and isn't it a sahme the majority of them died form AIDS.



Hopefully you are watching them in order here so they make sense. Isn't all so nice to realize al these years later that Madam was so Risque. So forward for her time. If you don't like "tart things" this may not be your cup of tea. It makes me homesick in a way.



A time before AIDS, a time before I lost all most of gay friends to that damn disease, a time for at least me that the conservatives didn't seem so powerful.



Well kids turn in tommorrow to catch the end of this wonderful Madame tribute.

No comments: