According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some thoughts to share......

I wanted to take the time and share some of what I have been learning from "A New Earth" with all of you. The journey in finding out who I really am has been an amazing, eye opening one. So the following is some of the things in the last 4 weeks I have learned or am trying to learn. These are just from Chapter 1.....

1). The place of stillness is where all creative means come from, while getting rid of the "exterior noise" creates the stillness from within.

2). You can not just rely on your thinking to create something that is meaningful you should also trust your initial impulses once you develop an instinct.

3). You should release anxiety about today, tomorrow and forever. Be present in the moment and only this moment, perceive the stillness.

4). This next one is a direct quote from the book "Man made G-d in his own image the eternal, the infinite and unnameable was reduced to a mental idol that you had to believe in and worship as my G-d or our G-d". Out of this comes the following thoughts.....

4a). Religion can be a closed door to deeper exploration for many people especially when you adopt "I believe.... and this "IS THE ONLY WAY" it than becomes an ideology--than it becomes that closed door. For many years this was my case in what I was raised in religiously, but I was one from the very beginning questioned everything and still do.

4b). There are certainly many more paths to G-d other than Christianity. I for one have always been fascinated by the other paths/ideas/religions/beliefs. I know that is what led me to this book. We have to take G-d out of the box, go beyond what we think we know and believe and discover the vastness, the total hugeness that is G-d/consciousness.

Chapter 2

1). Our story--the what has happened to us, what we are dealing with, our roles, our jobs --the surface reality--become the who "we are" the whole of us. In reality we "the real us" is not any of those things. Its just a memory, a bundle of thoughts--it is a mental image that becomes "yourselves" and isn't. Than who I am is the real question--a question we should ask yourselves frequently and we should leave the question blank.

1a). For me that has been my identifying my entire life with my illness. To release the power of identifying with it and release the power of the disease in my life Eckart says we should no longer talk about the illness to friends and family because it empowers the illness and the ego of the illness. I should simply say I am doing everything In can do to find healing. You of course need to talk with your doctor openly and honestly, you of course need to follow your drug or alternative therapy program. But like holding a grudge, or constantly fighting the more we do it the power it has and in the case of illness when we do that we become the sick person. We must allow ourselves to be feed by our own inner energy, MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE PRESENT MOMENT.

This of course has been the hardest thing to do and to accept what it happening physically now and not give it the power to overcome me and "become me". With that said I would llike to finish and ask all of you to take time and pray for me as the pains I was having the first of this month have returned and for now are worse than before. I am going to try to get into the doctor tomorrow to see if it is as the thought the first of this month internal shingles.

No comments: