According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Meeting a LEGEND!

Well gang if you were not in the Canton area this weekend you missed out on of the best things to hit this area in a long time. Legendary Icon and Female Illusionist extraordinaire Jim Bailey.

Jim not only visually impersonates Judy but he VOCALLY impersonates Judy whit a live orchestra

Jim Bailey was here for a one night only concert at the Historic Canton Palace Theatre for a night of Judy Garland wonderment. Proceeds were to benefit the Tri-County AIDS Taskforce.


There was an add a few months back in the Cleveland Gay People's Chronicle confirming Jim's coming to do the concert which believe it or not I knew as I HAD my tickets in hand already. But what made the add and this whole experience even more wonderful was it had listed the event organizer's name and phone number in the add.


So I called wanting the possibility to meet Jim Bailey first hand prior to the concert. We talked briefly, telling him who I was and that I was looking for a chance to meet Jim Bailey. Well the organizer, Bill Weaver--this wonderful business and gay man invited myself and Jim to his home for the pre-concert gala the the night before which would have been Friday of this last week.


Well we arrived at what turn out to be this incredible Victorian Home fully and accurately restored with about 150 people there. I can not begin to describe how wonderful the home was which also is a bed and breakfast.


Anyhow, when we walked up and were introduced to Jim Bailey, he was the sweetest, kindest, funniest men I have met in a while and so charming and down to earth. Mingling with the guests and Jim's manager Bill Campbell off and on all night--- left my head spinning. As we were getting ready to leave Bill Weaver said we will see you tomorrow night and let me know where your seats are. And said nothing else.


Well the night of the concert we were a little early and mingling with the crowd and Bill Weaver's staff and what not they open the door to the theatre--Bill turns to me and says "Let's see those tickets of yours". He takes one look at them ---because we bought them direct from the box office-- and said "Oh these will never do" took my tickets and left. We sat for a while he came back handed me tickets and said this are much better I hope you enjoy them, there right next to me.


Well the usher lead us down the aisle--closer and closer and closer and I almost fainted as we were standing at the FIRST ROW she said your seat 7 and 8 which is DEAD CENTER STAGE! I couldn't believe it! Well THREE hours of concert had come to a close and they had this raffle thing they did as well that night and I won one of Jim Bailey's CD's.


Bill Weaver was seen talking with "Judy" on stage off mike and he comes back to his seat as Judy sang four more songs. Bill turned to me at the end and said Jim has agreed to sign your CD if you wait for him to take off his makeup. I couldn't believe it, again crying my eyes out.



So Pam Pack-Pappas (from the Everything Oz Group" I belong to was there night night as well and I had my Jim run and get her to take her with us to meet Jim Bailey--her first time my second!! Sit in their in a bathrobe, and turban he was so sweet and kind and signed autographs and hugged us all . We--being Pam and I left crying even more and I left more in Love with Judy Garland than ever before and now a devoted and LOVING fan of Jim Bailey's as well.
Mr. Bailey--You Made me Love you!

No comments: