According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, July 6, 2009

New item--- another book


The first is a new book into the series of books I have. I would really to love to hear from those of you who are into the books like I am. Anyway this one was found at an antique store not all that far from where I live and for me it was unique in a few ways.

The first being that it is a "Little Golden Book" which I very fondly remember the series of books I had when I was little none of which were Oz but were a part of my childhood which I do fondly remember. "The Tin Woodman of Oz" was adapted by Peter Archer from the L. Frank Baum book of the same name and illustrations--which I will say are quite wonderful--- are by Harry Mc Naught. It was published by Simon and Schuster of New York in 1952 and with the original sale sticker in tact on the inside cover. The price was then twenty-five cents, I paid around $20.00 for it. The story is twenty-six pages in length and like I said includes beautiful illustrations on every page. It is the same story of Tinman and Scarecrow running the giant Mrs. Yoop and then being turned into a tin owl and a stuffed teddy bear, only to be saved by Glinda.

What made me buy this book was the cover illustration of the Tinman SMOKING a pipe! I had until this point not seen any of the Oz characters do any thing like this and thought it such a novelty and oddity that I HAD to have it.
Well the Fourth of July was not one of its best by a long shot but it was quiet and after the week before I needed the break. The down side was my little dog Toto ( a 3 year old female Shi Itzu if your new to the blog) got a hold of one of my sewing needles and darn near swallowed it. it did however get stuck under her tongue a rush to a 24-7-365 Animal Hospital and a $350 fee later they got it out and she is back to normal like nothing ever happened in the first place. Me being the "loving daddy" and over emotional was beside myself the entire time.
I want to go back to posting some YouTube clips of what I feel will let you into my head and heart emotionally speaking so.....


No comments: