According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, October 4, 2010

A long day

It has been a rough day.  First thing this morning I had a CAT scan at Mercy Medical Center to see if I have passed my kidney stone or has it moved.  According to the registration my second CAT scan in three months.  Discouraging isn't it?  The drink they had me drink for the test was just horrid, I would have rather chewed on a sock I wore for a week which I think would have tasted better.  The contrast they shot in me gave me a mild headache and it just seemed to set the mood for the rest of the day.  By the time I got home from College Writing II the diarrhea set in and has continued all night.

Of course by mid afternoon I had to lay down and had as I call it a crash day.  The lack of sleep, the work overload, the stress and not feeling well took it toll.  That toll today has been huge.  I did get some homework done but not nearly what I wanted to do. G-d what am I to do about it?  I do know one thing for sure, no surgery to remove this stone until after this semester is over.  I just couldn't handle that too this semester, there is no doubt in my mind about it. I know I am not going to back done from that decision, for me there is way to much at stake.

I went and got the paperwork today to become part of the Honor's Program at Kent State University which I am really excited about.  It seems like a program where I could really excel as well as something I want to do for myself.  It maybe more work but in my mind it is going to be worth it.

I got my "big brother" for Phi Sigma Pi Sunday night and hopefully we will really get to know one another.  I didn't get the position of President or Vice President for our class and while I am a tiny bit disappointed it makes me feel more like an outsider more than anything.  I need to learn not to take things so personally.

I guess I just want so much out of this whole over all experience.  I have never wanted anything so bad in my life.  My expectations to be very honest are VERY high.  If they aren't met how do I handle that, I have no real idea. Knowing my history if it I fall short I will be depressed and feel rather inadequate.  I guess I just do my best and live with it.

Tomorrow's post vintage photographs of female impesonators.  Well until next time I am so glad we had this time together.

No comments: