According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Cleveland Gay Couple Claims Police Officers Beat, Humiliated And Denied Them Pants Due To Sexual Orientation


Fox 8 News reports that Jonathan Simcox and his partner Steven Ondo are claiming they were subjected to "excessive force and undisguised prejudice" in April of last year, after an off-duty Cleveland police officer confronted them when they were in the midst of an argument.

As Towleroad, Queerty and other outlets are reporting, Simcox told the site, "He came out over shouting, saying, 'Shut up, you`re disturbing the peace.' I pushed to get past him, as soon as I did that he knocked me on the ground, and just started beating me, hitting me, standing over top of me, and punching me repeatedly."
Though no charges were initially filed, the couple were awoken at their home a week later by "six or seven members of the SWAT/and or Warrant team," who hauled them off to jail in their underwear on charges of assaulting a police officer. Once in jail, Simcox claims they were called "faggots" by officers, who did not permit them to get dressed because "faggots don't deserve to wear pants in jail."

Simcox and Ondo have since filed a federal lawsuit against several officers in light of the incidents

No comments: