According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Days before thanksgiving



For me this song

has always been my favorite

since the very 1st time I heard it

It made me question everything

It made me believe

Can you understand me--

when all I have ever wanted

is to fly---soar even

This last week has been trying emotional 4 me

& in many respects I am not anywhere near

being emotionally ready for Thanksgiving.

The house full of people,

all the house work, all the cooking,

& being thankful----

while this last week

has been emotionally some of my lowest--

no real explanations for it--

maybe part of it was my birthday

was no big deal all the way around

& while 4 me--

I am the only person

from my core of friends

that are my age that were

diagnosed all those years ago

2 have lived to see 41--

but yet it doesn't matter--

to anyone--

& should it?

It seems like a struggle

just to stay ahead--

& I am tired of it



Some days I feel broke inside

but I won't admit to anyone
Sometimes I just want to hide

from everyone

'cause it's you I miss
You know it's so hard

to say goodbye when it comes to this
you looking back

Can I say here honestly--

I hate this time of the year
Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help me understand?
Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes

and see

No comments: