According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Some thoughts for today



This month and next have always been a struggle for me

Gay pride a big part of the month,

celebrating who and what I am.

Fighting for the rights we damn well deserve,

and are long past due in my opinon.

Acquantances who feel it isn't their "thing" to join

in with the march and festival

but want the same rights we all do as gays.

What irks me to no end is some of these people

are in postions they wouldn't have in the first

place if it hadn't been for Gay Pride and Stonewall.

Living with AIDS now for almost 17 years.

Everyone around either already dead

or dying before my eyes

and many of the issues 20 years

later are still the same.

Fighting for the right to be accepted for who I am,

what I am

and what I have

NO QUESTIONS ASKED!



No comments: