According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Another book added


I have said it before and I should probably say it agin but for me the biggest love affair I have with Oz and Judy Garland happens to be the books--everything else is a VERY close second. There is something to be said about opening the cover and being taken to a place and time I have never been, getting lost in that world even if it is just temporary and forgetting the madness that can be life.

This book was part of that huge box that arrived some time ago from my friend Lisa in New Jersey--once again I have to give it up to my girl for treating me so nicely. "The Judy Garland Show: Rainbow's End" was written by Coyne Steven Sanders, published by William Morrow and Company, Inc. in New York and was released in 1990. At 404 pages in length "Rainbow's End" is a beautifully written account of the events that made teh Judy Garland Show happen. The book breaks each show down all twenty-six of them, with the events, the guest stars and all the inner workings of that show.

Coyne treats Judy in this book with love and respect and presents what I feel maybe both sides of the same "story". There may have been problems with Judy but eveything is explained and left I felt for you to come up with your own conclusions.

There are slews of black and white photographs in the book nearly all of which are from the television show and some of which I have never seen. This book is for you if you happen to be a fan of Judy's and even more so if you want to learn more about the show.


No comments: