According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Another book Review

Well as of today I finally finished reading "A Star Is Bor: The Making Of The 1954 Movie And Its Restoration" by Ronald Haver. The book was published by Alfred A. Knopf Inc. of New York and was done in 1988.

At 284 pages in length even I found this VERY difficult to read. It is LOADED with facts, so many in actuality you are overwhelmed with facts. Facts about the original "What Price Hollywood", connections to other films, the entire workings of Cinemascope, Judy Garland-James Mason- the extras, the scenes- Sid Luft fact after fact after fact page after page of it.

While very detailed it for me was simply to much to try to absorb and read--I did however finish die-hard Judy fan that I am. That is who I would recommend this book for--DIE HARD Judy fans. I do want to thank Lisa from NJ as this was also in the box she sent me a few months back now.

A Great movie if you have not seen it, a overwhelming book. I would stick to the movie.

No comments: