According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, August 10, 2009

Last of the Marvel Comic books

Well today I want to post the pictures of the last two Marvel Limited Series comic books by Eric Shanower and Skottie Young. This is the last two in the first series not the seroes with the alternative covers that I posted a few months back now. Our local Vintage toy shop carries these http://www.toystimeforgot.com/ and I am sure Dan and his staff can help you out, tell them Charlie Dale recommended them.

The books are beautifully illustrated and is the basic book story written by L. Frank Baum but re-written by Eric Shanower. Price per book is $3.99 so a very affordable addition to any collection of Oz books.

I go tomorrow to the urologist to see what we are doing about my kidney stone that I still, as of this writing, have not passed. Frankly, I am not looking forward to surgery so keep me in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully sometime today I can pass it, as it is moving and I am in considerable pain.

We have been having a humid heat wave here the last few days with temperatures near or over 90 and with the Kidney stones it has been rough. Yesterday for a few hours we had a break from the heat as the neighbor Linda "Grandma Holiday" Lynch had her birthday party and they have central air (smile)---BTW thanks again Linda for such a wonderful time and hope your birthday was everything you wanted it to be.

For those of you attending or thinking of attending the Chesterton Wizard of Oz Festival as of today we are 40 days away from going down the Yellow Brick Road. If you have not attended this wonderful event yet I want to encourage you to do so. Last year even during Hurricane Ike we had so much fun.

I am really looking forward to Chesterton this year as it is back in the town and not at the fairgrounds and they are having the grand parade as well. So for Jim and I it will be like attending the festival as it was years ago.

The Youtube post today is of one of the last munchkins alive the incredibly wonderful and funny Margaret Pellegrini

No comments: