According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Friday, August 7, 2009

Mary Louise In the Country



Published by The Reilly and Lee Company of Chicago in 1916 with the illustration by J. Allen St. John.


In this volumne, Mary Luoise and Gran'pa Jim take a house for the summer in a quiet place called Cragg's Crossing. There they meet with any numner of peculiar people- and one very peculiar mystery!


It is the second bookk in the series of eight. Again the only illustration is the front inside. I really want to encourage all of you to take the time and interest and read Baum's other books. They are similar to Oz but in my opinion geared to an older audience. There are two more books I want to talk about that I have in this series, but I would b

Something brand new for this blog I found this wonderful book available for FREE as an MP3 file so if you would like to listen to the book here is the link.... http://www.archive.org/details/mary_louise_in_the_country_0902_librivox .


Hopefully some of my readers caught part of the Judy Garland Day they had yesterday at TCM (Turner Classic Movies) 24 hours worth of Garland movies.



A pre -recorded track from Judy for The Judy Garland Show...Judy sings with The Kirby Stone Four...Ep#19 Jan 17th 1963.

No comments: