According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, December 31, 2009

300th post and other stuff

Well somehow I have lived through 300 posts to this blog, never thought it woul happen. But than again if I posted every day like a blogger does I would have way more than 300 posts. Maybe that should be one of my goals with in the coming year is to try to get as close to 600 entires by this time next year.

I hope you are enjoying all the posts about my Judy Garland finds, my L. Frank Baum treasures and of course my Oz things as well. What I also hope is that you find reading about me to some degree is also enlightening and we become better friends in the process.

Spring classes at Kent State University (Stark Campus) are not that far away and our books go on sale January 10th with classes starting very shortly after that. I am excited. I am taking Painting 1, 2D Compostion and College Writing 1. For those out of the loop this is my second semester at KSU and I ended up with a 3.3 GPA at the end of my first semester.

I am really looking forward to the writing class as I am hoping it will change I write in this blog, how I write in general and honestly was the biggest reason I felt I wanted to go back to school. I wanted to pursue this feeling I HAD something to say". I still feel that way. Honestly there is this huge part of me that would love to be a writer, like one of my friends John Fricke. Maybe, not write on the same topics John does which is Garland and Oz but something.

I have felt for well over a year now that I have no one who I can talk to, who is honestly listening to "WHAT I AM REALLY SAYING". I think they hear what they want and nothing more, voice an opinion usually very different than what I just said and i am left feeling like G-d almighty himself has spoke. Not a good feeling let me tell you kids. Maybe some of you feel this is to personal to share here but at least I KNOW someone is reading-anyway.

I am still very torn major wise between a Fine Arts& Crafts/Textile's degree, Fine Arts/Drawing Degree or do I pursue a Fashion Design Degree or somehting in a Wrting profession. My heart at times screams "Fashion, nothing else Charlie" but again its one of those topics i have no one to talk to.

My biggest concern right now has been this ung-dly crippling fatigue. All I want to do is sleep and so far all I am doing for the most part is just that. it has me worried some about Spring Classes as two of the 4 days I am on campus it is 1/2 of the day from like 8 am to past 1 or so. I can't be like this attend school they way I have it scheduled right now. But I want this college thing so bad!

I am left many times saying "What would Judy do"? Well in my mind, Judy would fight like hell, find someone not only to talk to but someone who would truly listen. Judy would come out swinging and get what she wanted. Judy is by now as you know what most days keeps me going, keeps me motivated and helps keeping me focused. I know nuts but its like she is my guardian angel.

Well gang justa few hours till the new year and I wanted to take the time and wish every one a very happy, prosperous and joyous New Year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Charlie!

I haven't had much time to read you blog lately as life here has been hectic as usual.

I do get what you are saying in this post.

Yesterday my best friend in the world died. I don't think she can be replaced and I honestly do not have anyone I could share things with like I could her. She was a once in a life time friend.

I too will survive, as I know you have from life losses but it isn't easy.

I know as my mom always said "life isn't fair", but it seems like some of us get more than triple our share of not fair.

I'm happy to hear school is going well. I am surprised that you can do so much with the fatigue. It cripples me more than the chronic debilitating pain.

Let's all hope 2010 is a year full of good health, good friends and a better economy.

Hugs, Christina

Charlie Dale said...

I so appreciate your note to me. I guess I just keep struggling, fighting if you will to get what I want, where I want to be and right now I know you can realte that for the big part it is being out of bed!

I am so sorry to hear about your friend and it sure does seem like some of us end up with the fuzzy end of the lollipop as they say.

Sometimes i just end up doing that corny saying "making lemonade out of the lemons I am handed and sometimes throw in Vodka just for good measure.

If you are on Facebook I want to suggest this new freind of mine Dr. Franky Dolan he does a lot of wor with people just like us suffering. You can find him on my facebook page.

Just keep in mind I think of you so very often and that I send my love as always. Wishing we were closer.

Charlie