According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Saturday, March 20, 2010

"Art Of Dressmaking" Buterrick

Well a few days ago Jim and I went antique shopping, actually more like window shopping and I found this little gem of a book.  It is "The Art of Dressmaking" By the Butterick Company  which was entered at teh Stationers' Hall, London England and was published in 1927.

It is basically this book about everything you ever needed to know in odrer to sew and sew well.  I have ben sewing now almost literally 40 years of my life and the biggest reason I bought this book was because of the great illustrations that are included in it.  The book price by the way was  $5.00.  While we were in Amish country I bougt all of the material I needed for the outfit for the Hunger benefit, $60.00 later and a few extra goodies I am all set.

I have the jacket all cut out and mostly put together and tomorrow I cut out the lining for it.  It should be just stunning!  The dress form is coming in real handy already.  Not much on the home front here.  The crocus and daffodils are starting to open in the yard which is a very good sign srping is really on the way.  Jim has been doing some yard cleanup work another tell tale sign of better weather.

Tomorrow thew plan is homework and more work on this outfit for the upcoming fashion show, so nothing earth shattering and not much to share, but will somehow come up with something.  Until then I am so glad we had this time together.

No comments: