According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, March 4, 2010

My newest Oz Find

Well for those that come here for the Oz items I found this a little while ago at the Stark COunty Fairgrounds Antique Show. "The New Wizard Of Oz" title is a littel confusing as it basically is the same story we all know and love but with different illustrations.

This edition was published by the Grosset & Dunlap Company Inc. Publishers of New York and was illustrated by Evelyn Copelman and was I believe in 1947. There are editions mentioned in "The Book Collector's Guide to L. Frank Baum but none of them match mine. This edition is 209 pages long and filled with many black and white illustrations as well as full color illustrations. My edition was a previous Library from the Great Neck, NY Library and is in rather bad shape with quite a few torn and tapped pages but the price was right at $5.00.

Since I did not have this edition I just had to get it anyway. It was nice sitting down and in my free time reading the wonderful adventures of Dorothy as thought of by Baum. The whole reason I feel in love with Oz in the first place, was the stories and this whole idea of home. Anyway if you are like I am you may want to find this edition for your own collection.

Good news I did my online registration yesterday for the summer semester and I know I will have my hands full with four classes, four days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. but to be a sophmore come fall will be worth it all in the end.  Clasesses being in June and run through the first part of August. So I guess I will try to catch as much summer as I can considering mos to f it is going to be indoors!

 In the mean time this semester is still going rather well and in some spots I am beginning to see the actual ground and not ALL THE SNOW, which in my minds means one thing SPRING!  HURRAH!

So until next time, I am so glad we had this time together!

No comments: