According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thought for the day: Courage

     I have tried two seperate times to post about this topic and for some reason it has not worked--maybe it a sign <lol>! Anyway, first some famous thoughts on courage.....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.
Mark Twain

It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
Mark Twain

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
Winston Churchill

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Winston Churchill
In my opinion courage has been the one factor that I have felt is lacking and has been lacking my entire life but a very good friend of mine John Fricke, thinks I am out of my mind by saying that.  It is opinion that having lived twenty years with AIDS takes incredible courage as well as surviving some of the out right shit that has happened in my life.

Courage is the ability to stand up and speak honestly, openly, truthfully and yes my readers even brutally if that is what is needed to handle the situation.  Courage is facing the unknown with grace, style, nerves of steel and yes even some hope, what I find amazing is that when it comes to this particular topic about myself this is where I am the hardest on myself.

I have some friends who think overall I am to hard on myself but I know what I want and right now I am not so exactly sure I have it.  I want to be a certain way, look a certain way, live a certain way and dare I say yes even love a certain way and I am not just speaking romantically love either.

It takes courage to admit those things, it has taken courage to face this bitch of a disease that has until the last two years ruled my life and you no something--I say no more!  I can not and will not live another twenty years or more with this disease the way I have lived the last twenty, just not going to happen---period.

I encourage you to find your courage, embrace it, feed it and then my friend use it to face whatever it is that is standing in your way of being who and what you really are at your core.

No comments: