According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Friday, January 18, 2008

Thoughts for the day..a new journey begins

Well the day as a whole wasn't much better than yesterday--my feeling better is about the same. I did happen to fall first thing this morning right after breakfast and my pills in the kitchen. I didn't hurt anything but am sore of course. I took it easy for the rest of the day and around 1:30 went to get something to drink and feel again in the living room flat on my back. Still nothing hurt but the wind knocked out of me. Took a while to get up but at least I did.

I am reading this brand new book--at least for me-- "The Wisdom of Oz: Reflections of a Jungian Sandplay Therapist" by Gita Dorthy Morena--the great-daughter of L. Frank Baum by the way.

Anyway I wanted to share with all of you one of the thoughts I read to day in her book that I think for me is going to be life changing......

"One of the best-known references to the rainbow in our times occur in the Wizard of Oz. Although not part of Baum's original story, Judy Garland's singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" suggests that dreams may come true in a land beyond the rainbow, where birds fly freely and "clouds are far behind me". Although the Land Of Oz is not problem free, Dorothy's ability to overcome challenges and obtain her hearts desire reinforces the hope that rewards will come with persistent effort and determination. Rainbows are one of the most beautiful and majestic manifestations of pure light that can be perceived on the physical plane. When a rainbow's pathway of color crosses the sky, it creates a breathtaking spectacle and inspires a sense of wonder and awe. After a rainstorm, the rainbow's presence seems to emanate the imagination and suggests that the clear luminescence of the sun is not far behind the storm clouds of doubt and confusion."

After reading this for the first time in my life I realized why the attraction to the song--it has kept me going after the horrors of the "Holocaust of AIDS" in my life, the lost of people I truly cared deeply for and the fear that one day I may face unknown horrors of my own. After my "meltdown" yesterday it was an eye opening experience.
As Always I ask that you pray for.
Charlie

No comments: