According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Well I know it has been a while but it has been terribly busy with Doll work due at Christmas, E-bay selling, ACT card making, setting up the new blog and well collecting Judy--which of course is my all time favortie thing to do.

Another World AIDS Awareness Day (December 1st) has come and gone and I wonder is it me or did the media as a whole forget the whole event? Wonder if AIDS is no longer the "Hot topic" it once was?

I do have the photos taken of my "Judy Room" I just have to size and crop them so a few more days. I did however want to share some of my newest finds on E-bay. Well tow of them are any way . They are reproduction posters.....

Although I could not find online the actual dates for this concert I just had to have these posters. They measure 11X 17 and are on some very nice card stock paper like posters use to be made of. Both were fairly inexpensive as they are reproductions but again you are tlaking to a die hard collector here .


This second poster I bought because I loved the pose and the COLOR of the poster. Again 11X 17 and again a reproduction but still in my opinon a nice reprodution. Again it is on heavy card stock. I do know about htis poster that the concert took place in Eugene Oregan on July 15, 1955. Of course I did buy frames for both of these so they hang on the wall in the room.



This last posster was found in an Antique Mall in Berlin, Ohio which is the heart of Amish Country in Holmes County. For us it is maybe a 30 minute drive. I have never seen anything Judy Garland or Oz in this place and EVRYTIME I go I do look. Tis time I really lucked out and found an old print ad from a Magazine for "Girl Crazy".... which of courser Judy and Mickey. Again this poster is a print--this time in magazine form and measures 11X17 and is the second Movie poster I have from Judy's Career. The graphic in my opinion was just stunning and the color was vibrant and wonderful.

Directors: Norman Taurong Busby Berkley

Writers: Guy Bolton (musical play) and Jack Mc Gowan (musical play)

Release Date: November 26, 1943

Tagline: LOVE OR LUNACY? It's the wild cry of a "girl-crazy" cowboy...but one clear-eyed daughter of the west ropes and ties him! more

Plot: Rich kid Danny Churchill (Rooney) has a taste for wine, women and song, but not for higher education...

No comments: