According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, April 23, 2009

230 posts as of today

It is so hard to believe that on April 16th this blog celebrated its second year running and that this is the two hundred-thirtieth post with 2,820 hits more or less. Its been an amazing journey and one I hope will continue for a very long time more like 5,000 posts and 150,000 hits . guess I have to bump up my game on what the heck I talk about.

You know every know and then someone comes along and makes you feel absolutely wonderful and I have so many great friends that do just that--those that read this blog, those that post here, those on Facebook with me which I am, those who e-mail me, call me and send cards. It has been great knowing how much I am cared for, it makes the rough times easier if you will, knowing I am not alone in all of this ca-ca.

A great friend tat I have known for about 8 years now in Chicago was so sweet and sent me one of my newest pieces I want to talk about to day.

The above photograph is the front of this WONDERFUL program and i will show pictures of the inside not sure if you will be able to read it all but it is a Radio City Music Hall Program handed out the week beginning Thursday January 6, 1949 for the showing of "Words and Music" starring Judy Garland, June Allyson, Perry Como, Lena Horne, Gene Kelly, Mickey Rooney Ann Sothern and MANY more.

What makes this piece even nicer in my opinion is that it also lists all of the vaudeville acts before the movie--gosh I wish they still did that and popcorn too and all for under $2.00, those were the days I guess.

Many of you know I collect Oz but it is also Judy Garland as well, and in my frank opinion the greatest talent that has ever lived! It in many ways has become an all consuming obsession, it has and does take over a lot of my life and will more than likely till the day I die.

This movie I have not seen yet it is on my list of must see which I swear grows longer each day . One of these days it just going to be nothing but movies all day. I'll let you all know when I do that. :)

Not sure if I mentioned I go this coming Tuesday to see Dr. Taege at Cleveland Clinic for my one time Second opinion my HIV Doctor wants me to get, I ask that you pray as I have to be there at 9 a.m. and will be in the height of rush hour traffic. Hopefully he will be able to figure something out.

Until then I guess I just carry on--bad days or bad nights and all. No use boo-hooing about it, it gets old and nobody likes a "Down Dorothy". Well until tomorrow gang and will post the other wonderful trinket this friend sent me.... and of course a Youtube post



No comments: