According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Yard Work


Well this afternoon after church and lunch Jim and I decided to do some Spring yard work. Rake leaves and debris, clean the flower beds and what not, we may not have a lot of property but it seems like so much yard work. The weather was perfect for it 55 degrees and a nice slow breeze it all seemed to be perfect for what we were doing.

The neighbors across the street are redoing part of their yard with treated railroad ties and discarding their old bricks, which they GAVE use no strings attached. So all the flower beds will now have bricks lining them to help keep the grass and weeds out and easier to try to keep up with. So far today I bet I have moved close to 60 bricks.

The flower bed by the garage got them first to finish off what my brother and I did last year. The the small strawberry patch we have got some and I am adding this year a separated Herb Garden. I am thinking Chives, Cilantro, Lavender, Lemon Grass, Parsley, Oregano and anything else I can get my hands on.

So the small garden is being extended into the one that borders the side of our property as well and I am hoping we have enough bricks to do that one as well. I still have last years Tiki Torches which I would love to get more this year and I need to get the fuel for them but other than that we have talked a small vegetable garden as well. Tomatoes , peppers, cucumbers mainly.

My hands yearned to feel life itself today
The ground holds so many silent sacred secrets
Millions of years,
Endless lives have walked upon it
The journey they lead,
The stories the earth could yield.
I could hear those voices today
As my hands entered the sacred dirt,
Their voices being freed
The silence broken
All I had to do was listen
To the earth in my hands.
Voices of anger and rage
Voices of sadness and grief
Voices of hope and peace
The cold damp earth slid through my fingers
Became one with my skin
My soul united with them.
Thank you Mother Earth for thy gift to me.

No comments: