According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sorry about the lack of posts

I know three days and no posts but this last weekend was the Canton Light Opera's production of the  1902 Wizard Of Oz musical.  It also meant all of these Oz friends in from all over the country including the state of Washingotn and Toronto to name just a few.  Some of the faces were new to me, meeting them for the very first time which was so exciting and some people I have met before.  It was dinners out, Putt Putt Golf, the play, the pre-talk and pre-concert concert.  So much to do and thank heavens it was this weekend and not last week.  If it had I am not sure I would have up to all of it.

Throw in that this weekend was Canal Days this big carnival just 2 blocks from the house that screws traffic up something horrible.  By Sunday night I was exhausted, but I had so much fun and so many new friends.

As far as the pre-concert it was songs originally in the 1900's preformances that at some point were cut from the show.  In total that night was like 9- 10 songs which were accompained by piano and violin.  This troupe is all volunteers, evertbody including the musicians.  The one problem I had was the sound, it just wasn' quiet up to snuff so it was hard at times to actually hear the words that were being sung, which was unfortunate.

The actual night of the whole production it was some of the same problem with the sound but in honesty I LOVED it--every second of it!  So thank you Joe Rubin (Executive Director) and the performers of the production for such a wonderful evening.  I want to thank Joe Shipbaugh for the photograph of the cast on the stage as stupid me forgot my camera.

No comments: