According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, August 9, 2010

Vogue Italia

I know its been a few days again since posts but life somehow got out of hand. I have been depressed the last few days which has really stood in my way and I really didn't feel like blogging. Because than I would have to admit to it, which would mean writing about and I hate being a "Gloomy Gladys".

Today I paid the balance for my three fall classes that my Pell Grant doesn't cover. So I can't wait for classes to start and to be back on campus.

There seems to be so much happening in the fashion world right now I want to try to cover some of the "hottest" topics in my opinion. Again just this gay guys opinions and god knows this "gurl" can be opinionated !

Vogue Italia the August 2010 issue has what many feel is a way to controversial photo shoot. Its called "Oil and Water" and before I get in to my thoughts on this I want to show you the pictures...

OK, with the Gulf Coast Oil Tragedy still very fresh in all of our minds, and the actual real damage done to the water, the land, the habitat, the animals this is the HOTTEST topic still in many circles. At least in my mind. While many find the pictures disturbing and "in very poor taste", I find the pictures graphically real and brutally honest. I also find that it blatently addresses the "overall lack of true emotional regret" that BP had in regards to this issue and until overall corporate gives a f*&k about us the consumer this tragedy or something even worse will happen again.  Ok I am off my soap box.  I am so glad we had this time together---until next time











So graphic that it just skims the surface of the overall real tragedy of this catastrophe. While incredibly beautiful and alarming creepy this makes fashion very relevant and brings a very stark and honest light to this issue of this specific tragedy. Sometimes, someone has to come a long and slap us right across the face with an issue and this is the case here, I applaud that tremendously. Bravo Vogue Italia.

No comments: