According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New ATC's posted, a new Judy item and other stuff

Well gang the last few days have been very busy for me with the usual doll stuff for customers (yawn, giggle, rolling my eyes) housework, and then my ATC or Artist Trading card addiction. The newest ones are for the ATC's For All group and the theme was Marie Antoinette.

My cards were all hand drawn, markers, ribbons, emobssing powder, antique book pages, stamp pads and varnish----whew what a list! Personally though this set is some of my favorite work I have done recently for the swaps and I am really looking forward to getting cards back. I am currently working on Christmas themed ATC and recreated Antique Christmas postcards--where you take either
actual antique Christmas postcards, cards or clip art from online 2-4 of them, your favorite parts put them back together in a new arrangement and add the stuff like you would do on an ATC card.

My other idea in this regard is doing the same idea on a canvas for it to become a wall hanging and I have one in the starts that should be fun if it all works out.

My newest Judy item is a December 1945 Screen Romance Magazine with "Our Darling" Judy on the fromt and a great inside spread on her newest movie---"The Harvey Girls". This was bought off E-bay and is the whole darn issue fo the magazine--the fashions gang are incredible. It is also my first full color photo of Judy on a magazine issue that I have and with the amount selling some things on E-bay I had to have it for what the neighbor calls my "Judy Shrine"---she should Michael Siewart and his shrine of dresses!

Today was also the first real hospital visits our care and comfort class made at Akron General and I am happy to report it went VERY well. I am more than likley will be taking the full fledge Chaplain class when they offer it again.

No comments: