According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, October 13, 2008

Some serious changes

Well I am sure after today many of you will see that there are some very serious changes happening within my blog space. The first and most obvious is the name change from "The Journey from Within" to My Journey with Judy, my reasons are numerous for doing this but the biggest is that my life since Valparaiso and the "Wizard Of Oz Festival" has been nothing but Judy Garland ever since--I watch E-bay auctions daily, look at web sites about Judy daily, read about Judy darn near daily and I have even set up my sewing room into my Judy/Oz room with a lot of my collectibles there.

Many of you also know I have been slowly trying to sell of my doll collection for the above stated reason, I am just not into it like I was, with the economy the way it is right now it has been very slow but they are selling. I am still repairing but not at the rate I was because of the difficulties with my hands.
I am fortunate finally to able to take a small portion of the repairs I do and stick it aside into a savings account--which is how we went to the festival in the first place. While what I do sell on E-bay I spend on my passion now and till I die---JUDY! It is a love affair that is never going to end and has really blossomed in the last year.

So this blog is going to be more focused on what I am reading on Judy, watching with Judy, and what I buy/make or see that is Judy or Oz. Oz is what started my love affair with "The World's Greatest Entertainer" and for me the two go hand in hand but with out Judy Oz may not have been what it is!


It is going to have pictures I find on the web and youtube posts and hopefully news on what is still happening surrounding Judy--as well about me as well.


This weekend my brother was out for a visit and we went to the "Olde Stark Antique Faire" and there were some awfully beautiful antiques--which my brother thankfully adores. Any how while browsing the show we ran across this incredible book "Mickey Rooney Himself" the Better Little Book by the Whitman Publishing Company written by Eleanor Packer and published in 1939. There was a very small newspaper article about Big Little Books and it went on to say that they started publishing books in 1932--the first was "The Adventures of Dick Tracy". They did books on comics, television and movies and the pre-1950's books are the most desired.

The books are 3 1/2 inches by 2 1/2 inches and were cheaply made, so very few survived the years intact.

This was found on the internet---http://www.biglittlebooks.com/graphic-sounds/whitman-1932-1949MP.html

Good- $20.00 Very Good-$40.00 Excellent-$80.00


Better Little Book®; 1939. Hard cover. Standard size 3 5/8" x 4 1/2" x 1 1/2"; 240 pages. Author: Eleanor Packer. COLLECTOR'S NOTES: This book contains 76 photographs, snapshots, and movie stills from MGM films. It is the last movie scene BLB published by Whitman.

I am glad to report my brother paid $10.00 for it and that is in Excellent condition!! I mainly had my brother buy it because Mickey played such a huge part in Judy's life. Until next time---



No comments: