According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Harwood's Candles

Well yesterday Jim and I took my brother down to Berlin, Ohio--- the heart of the Holmes Country the heart Amish country for those out of state-- and even though is was cloudy and rather cold we had such a nice time antique shopping.  We ran into an old friend Penny Harwood of "Harwood's" which is this wonderfully charming homemade candle shop.  Penny is this fun, bubbly personality who calls us "the boys" and if you have been in our house then you have seen and smelled her candles.

They are very much like "Party Lite" that they burn down to nothing, wicks burn completely, scent is throughout the entire candle and of course start as small as tealights all the way up to 3 wick candles.  The difference is the price.  Harwood candles are cheaper in price but I really feel that the quality is WAY better and each and every candle is hand poured, which I feel makes a big difference.  Besides the minute you meet Penny she becomes family.

If you are in the Berlin area sometime the address is

Harwood's
4939 W. Main Street
Berlin, Ohio 44610
(330)893-5473

For those out of state they have a web site and I know Penny would be thrilled to send you her candles.  The web site is http://www.harwoodsstore.net/  The new store also has this delightful woman and her handmade purses.  I don't remember her namebut the purses were cute, very well priced and in my opinion were equal in style to most of Vera Bradley but way cheaper.  Tell Penny "the boys" sent you.

By the way its hard to believe but this wil be the 400th post since I started this blog so thanks for making this all possible.  Also if you know of cool fashion sites or your favorite stores please feel free to send then my way and I will be more than happy to include them here.  So glad we had this time together.

No comments: