According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Madonna and Child--Greek Orthodox flavor



OK, I have wanted to paint this style of painting since way before Ron got really bad, let alone when he died. Well, I finally faced my "I can't paint like that" demons and went in head over heels. One of my most ambitious paintings to date. this piece measures 40x50 and has a fair amount of 14 carat Gold paint in it, just like the real Greek Icons painted in Greece. I hope all of you think like i do that I captured the whole flavor of icon art, the whole Greek Influence, and that of even of Mary and Jesus. Below for your listening enjoyments the perfect "Youtube" video.... Ava Maria on of my all time favorite "Catholic" songs and I wish I could learn all of it to sing it some day.

No comments: