According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, May 6, 2007

True Colors


This piece was actually the start of the end of "my dark period" and probably is my second favorite after the Anna Nicole piece. I think because it is so abstract, reveals so much but yet is coy--powerful yet thought provoking--a real look into what at the time was making me tick if you will. My first painting if you will of a nude. I have drawn them before but until now not painted one.

I have bought a few books to learn how to draw the nude better and may paint something more life like as I go along. This is done in acrylics as well and measures 22x28. This is also the first piece I varnished myself versus paying the studio where I take lessons to varnish it for me--a savings in the long run considering the amount I have been painting.

I have one I am working on now and 2 more drawn out and my brother you was by Saturday gave me more canvases to paint as well--he's a sweet kid. He and his wife started moving in the non-essentials this weekend and should hopefully have their move completed by June first so we have new upstairs tenants and my soon to be 7 year old nephew as well. Like I said a few days back it will be nice having them closer-- Well gang till tomorrow--- Shalom

No comments: