According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Dorothy of Oz" by Roger Baum


Well as many of you know by now I love my Oz books, personally I think they are the best collectibles out there no doubt about it.  Back in September, when Jim and I wen to the Chesteron, Indiana Wizard of Oz Fesitval Roger Baum happened to be there.  It was the first time I had the opportunity to meet him and his ever charming wife.  I brought of course a stack of books for him to sign.  Which I have talked about before many first editions and rarer Baum books.  I felt and still do they are worth more signed by a family member.  Of course my newest book had to be signed as well and I can not begin to thank Roger enough for his extreme kindness to me.

Anyhow, Roger had books for sale as well.  Books I did not have, well kids I spent so much money there it is not even funny.  This book that I am going to talk about today has just sat in my satck of books to read since then.  I finally finished it a few days ago as there were other things I felt I wanted to blog about first.

Dorothy of Oz is the wonderfully charming sugary tale of Dorothy coming back to Oz to rescue her friends the Lion, Tinman and Scarecrow from a new character Jester.  He happens to be a court jester for new characters King Gayelette and Queen Quelala who are very minor characters in this story.

The Jester has happened to find the Wicked Witch of the West wand and is reeking havoc everywhere and Dorothy is brought to Oz to Stop him.  Other new characters include Wizer the Owl and Tugg a tugboat who happens to get involved in the story as well.

The Yellow Brick Road for some reason is no longer yellow, it rains all the time and of course their is that issue of the jester.  To find out how it all ends either e-mail me privately or try t find the book and read for yourself this wonderful journey.

"Dorothy Of Oz" is illustrated by Elizabeth Miles and there are over fifty illustrations in the book in the John R. Neill style.  Oublisher is Books of Wonder and the William Morrow and Company, Inc. of New York.  The book is 166 pages in lenght which includes the afterword.  A charming continued nightly story for any child and a  great read for the child at heart.

For those interested tomorrow my school books are available for sale and I am thinking of changing one of my classes to something that is non-studio time within my Fashion Design Degree.  I have to check it out, but will let you know how it all turns out.

I have one thing to say ....... You better.............

No comments: