According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, January 31, 2010

End of January--where have you gone!!


It is the end of January and believe me when I say, I do not know where the time has gone so quickly.  Somehow this month I was able to get in 26 posts in 31 days and with  my track record for posting that is a lot of posting, probably the most posting I have ever done in a month.  I have shared some collectibles that I have found along the way, I have shared some of my own personal experiences along the way and hopefully you and I, my faithful readers, have become better acquianted and in the process become better friends.

The other fact I can not get over is the idea that tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I meet with the faculty at Kent State University and declare my major.  I know that may not sound like a lot to you but this is a huge turning point for me!  Claiming what I want, what I actually need for myself for the first time in my life.  There is so much back story and history to this, it is near impossible for me to share it with you, but if you would like to know please feel very free to contact me and we can talk.  In the long run it boils down to finally proving to myself that I can make it in Fashion Design, and by G-d I am going to or die trying.

I have said it before and I will say it again, that my time has come to put myself first and dream big and to accomplish it while I still can.  I have as of today 18 1/2 years and 15 days living with AIDS so many more than most people in the past ever got and by G-d there is a reason I am still here, still thriving and still fighting as they say!  That is to accomplish the impossible, graduate from college with a degree in Fashion and live the dream I had before I found out I had AIDS.  This is huge for me.  I have never thought like this before, I am sure the self confidence will follow.  I will be the second person in my family with a college degree, but I will be the FIRST person to do anything with it once I have it!  Again another very long story.

I know at least three people though who are or would be very proud of me and my decision to pursue this--- the first of course is Jim.  What would I do without Jim?  In the beginning he didn't even want to talk about fashion and now well he is talking about me attending full time!  Big changes are in the wind.  The second would be Ron.  Right before he died he was so remorseful that we gave up so much of our lives to run "New Hope",  again another long story but I know beyond doubt he would be thrilled.  Lastly and this is a huge guess on my part but I KNOW Judy is just smiling  from heaven and saying to herself "You give 'em hell sweetie"!

No comments: