According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Friday, January 22, 2010

Thoughts about the Spring Semester so far


Well this semester has proved so far a full one, granted I have only been in classes a week but the homework load has been a heavy one which in all honesty has cut into my personal reading time as well as some of the other activities I was enjoying before the break was over.

Reading the last Aunt Jane's Nieces has been slow as my own reading has been nearly nothing this week, and for the last few months I have been working on a new Oz quilt.  This week I have not even been able to touch it.  It almost feels like withdrawals if you will, like Oz and Judy are some kind of drug. Not the illegal kind mind you but this wonder drug that makes life full, colorful and yes even wonderful.

We were asked in our Writing 1 Class to share our favorite author and well I have to say there was a sparkle in Professor Jay Slaone's eye when I said it was L. Frank Baum.  That of course as many of you know is no lie, I also mentioned Ruth Thompson and Gregory Maguire as well.  I think he knew exactly where my mind was and is, simply said Oz.

In the process of getting my computer fixed the Geek Squad wanted $150 additional to make a backup disk of all my files, needless to say I didn't have that and I lost every single Judy Garland, Wizard of Oz photogrpah and file I had 2 years of things down the toilet.  But what is a guy to do?  So if you have things on your computer you would like to share please do.  I will love ya for it!
Hopefully I can get adjusted to this new schedule and still have some me time for what I love most until next time good luck finding your next Oz/Judy treasure.

No comments: