According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Change of topic

After the last two days of nothing but AIDS talk I want to change the topic--mix it up if you will.  I just found out Kent State has enough students for the Summer Fast Track Design program that I signed up for.  This is of course if Project Runway doesn't want me.  I am really hoping that in all honesty that they will just adore me!  That's part of this post.

If you watched this last season part of the blurbs for the show was Anthony Williams saying "He would do anything to win" well kids I know I would BIG time!  I have never wanted anything else except to make it big in the fashion design field.  I know hands down I would give my grandmother to gypsy whores just to have a fair shot at it.  My mother told me this story years ago that at the tender age of four that her and I had this huge argument about what she had me dressed in for church and well I didn't like it.  Wanted her to change it and she wouldn't.  Next thing she knew fashionista diva four year old that I was threw myself into the mudpuddle.

I got changed by G-d but boy did my ass hurt as well .  I vividly remember watching the Sonny and Cher Show just to see what Cher would wear that week,  same thing with the Carol Burnett Show.  Yet somehow we aren't born gay--GUESS again.  My mom used to tease me that I came out of the womb wearing high heel shoes!  Things have changed so dramatically since then.

I am not sure if I have ever mentioned this or not but it was my Grandma Dale who taught me to sew.  At 4 I was pumping the treadle on her treadle sewing machine, by 5 I was feeding fabric through the machine and at 6 her and my mothers great aunt taught me all the hand sewing skills.  Nearly 40 years of sewing in my life and I can not imagine what life would be like with out. Like I have said in a previous post I feel like I am finally becoming the person I wanted to be before AIDS came into my life.  It is not going to stop me anymore from pursuing what I want.  a 20 year wait is way to long!

All of the skills I have currently are all self taught and that achievement makes me the most proud, I thnk the confidence will follow.  Well until next time I am so glad we have had this time together...

No comments: