According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, April 26, 2010

Food for thought


Ok, I am buried up to my eyebrows I swear in research for this new paper I want to do for College Writing 1 on AIDS.  Primarily has AIDS really changed anything and if so what.  So many questions I have asked myself--are we responding the way we should be?  Would the people who died now almost 30 years ago of AIDS be pleased with the progress we have made or would they see the progress we still need to make?  Is apathy running rampant?  Is the attitude of the younger gay crowd that of AIDS doesn't affect/effect me?  Do they know where we have been?  Does it change their experience as being gay?

Are the opinions of the mass public the same they were in the 1980's and 1990's or is the voice different?  Is attitudes different overseas verus here in the USA?  Is there more of a response to AIDS in Africa versus here in the USA?  How many people with AIDS here in the USA are being denied acess to medical care, how many are opting out of medications and stopped taking them?  What is that thinking like--what akes them stop?  Does the general public even thnk about this disease anymore?

Is it managable as they say?  Just a few pills and eveything is ok--life goes on normally?  People aren't dying anymore right?  You get the idea.

I guess what I would like to know is what is your take on this?  Your thougths, your experience, your story?  Am I the only person you know living with AIDS? Do you know anyone who has died from it?  Is this a topic you even talk about?  Or should it be left all unsaid, unspoken or even thought about?

Maybe it shouldn't even be in a post--well until next time I am glad we had this time together and that you are reading.

another religious "Themed" response to AIDS--is it to little to late??

No comments: