According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Spring has sprung---LIFE flashes before my eyes


Well the tulips in the yard are blooming, the lilac bush is in full glory and smells wonderful and even though yesteray witha ll of the fog and rain it seemed more like San Fransisco than Ohio I think Spring finally has begun. We had a few days around Easter that were just gorgeous and spoiled us but hopefully now it being th elast week of April things can only look up.

Last night Jim and I had tickets to see August: Osage County which by the way was just incredble. Keep me in mind it was 3 hours long but what a ride into family dysfunction. If you get the chance to see it, DO! About 3 sisters, their pill popping booze drinking addict mother and their father who commits suicide.

Anyway on our way to the Cleveland Playhouse last night at the 14th Street exit--on the exit actually--the car (which I was driving and Jim riding) spun out of control a complete 360 skidded against the guardrail and finally stopped. We were only doing 40 and actually slowing down for the off ramp when it happened. Scared the living shit out of me, my life flashed before my eyes and my heart well it was in my throat.

Not sure if it was because of the rain, maybe a slick spot of oil or something but my g-d I haven't had anything like that happen in years. Thankfully no one behind us, or in front of us and no damage to the car except some really scuffed paint on the bumper, but christ was I scared. We were both wearing our seat belts and the car spun clockwise all the force to keep the thing in control on my left side.

I am going to try to make an appointment to see the doctor this week as my left side ribs hurt really bad last night and all day today, maybe I pulled or strained something who knows. But, it put everything in perspective for me and I don't think mentally I have fully recovered as of yet.  Has made sleeping a little rough with my side hurting so bad but thankfully I have some painkillers left froma  previous prescription.

No comments: