According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, February 1, 2010

It's Finally here--Charlie Dale, DESIGNER

Well I can't believe it but the day has finally here, and now at this time of the night it has almost passed.  This is the first real chance I have had all day to sit and post.  My appointment his morning was at 10 and I in typical fashion was early.  I hate being late one of my pet peeves.  Anyway the student advisor took me early and we talked quite a bit.  I learned today exaclt waht LER's are, which ones I can take and actually have a very good idea which ones I am going to do.  LER's are basically electives within a specific field.  We talked alot about my past experiences, what led me to why I am here now and wanting to start something radical. 

 I even brought along sketches I had done some time ago for her to see, she was impressed!  There is a very small possibility that I may qualify to test out of a few classes, which she is going to check out for me and will follow up with me at a later date.  Testing out means I could do additional LER's that I may not otherwise have been able to do!

We spoke about some of my charity work involving clothing making and some of the people I have the great pleasure of meeting.  At one point she said "You know I think you are going to be one of the main jewels in the crown of the Fashion Design Program here"!  I was stunned, speechless even.  We spoke about the former director of the school who I knew and considered a friend and she said "Elizabeth (thats the former director who died last year of cancer) would be so very pleased and proud"!

I left Kent State Main Campus this morning flying high and in tears.  I am still all these hours later, struggling if you will with what happened.  Almost like the after glow of really good drugs . I also left as a Pre-Fashion student, as right now I do not have enough credit hours to qualify as a Fashion Student.  I will at the start of the summer semester, now all I have to do is get good grades this semester.

 This week the school decides if they will be offering Summer Studio Classes or not.  Currently they do not offer them and if they decide to offer them I will be there this summer.  If not I will pick up non-studio classes that fulfill my major so there is no wasted time.  The other nice thing is all of last semester qualifies toward my degree in fashion!  YIPPPEEE!  Well gang until tomorrow...... I am glad we had this time together!

No comments: