According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Elizabeth Taylor Hospitalized

Dame Elizabeth Taylor is being treated in a Los Angeles hospital for symptoms related to congestive heart failure, a condition she reported publicly back in 2004.

The 78-year-old acting legend and AIDS activist has been at Cedars-Sinai hospital for at least a few days and it's not clear how long she will remain because she is under observation.

Of course many in the know all to well remember all of the marriages, some of the scandels, some of the health problems she has had on and off.  For me she alone stands at the very for front of what the AIDS epidemic was, has been, is and will be.  Without Dame Elizabeth Taylor the AIDS arena would not be what it is today.

I had the distinct honor of meeting Elizabeth Taylor at Parma Town Mall at Higbee's for a White Diamonds promotion twenty years ago when I was first diagnosed with HIV.  I had a chance to talk with her publicly, and thank her on behalf of all of us living with AIDS for what she was doing for all of us.  I was the only decent comment or question she go that day from the crowd.

I'll never forget it, Elizabeth came off the stage walk right over to me--hugged me and kissed my left cheek, tears in her eyes and said "Thank you for knowing I really care", I cried as well and said "Ms. Taylor we love you for it".  Please join me in praying for Dame Liz and I will try to keep you all posted.

No comments: