According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A doggie update and other stuff

Sorry gang it has been a few days since posting but it has been very busy since Thursday of last week as my newest dog--Toto. She had her jaw finally fixed. The vet said it was broke about 8 months and the jagged bones you have when a break occurs were rubbed smooth, which will make the healing process longer.

The main vein that supplies blood to the teeth was also severed so she lost a lot of teeth on the right side. The muscles on the side that was broke are all extended and the side that wasn't are all tight because it was broke for so long, but that wil change now that it is fixed.

I was so mad at the previous owner I could have just spit. She is on medication and IV fluid once a day but surpisingly she is doing very well. But I have also kept a very close eye on her too




As far as my newest items to my collection go I bought last week--ordered actually "Pigskin Parade" from Best Buy and finally got a chance to sit down and watch it. It was one of the items I bought with the money I earned Baby sitting. IT was Jud's very first film role to speak of and was released in 1936 which was 3 years before Oz. What was a nice added bonus was the reproduction lobby cards included with the DVD. It was again one of Judy's movies I HAD NEVER seen.

The second item was courtesy E-bay--you have to love them--a December 1945 issue of "Movie Star Parade" with Our Judy on the cover, inside is a delightful two page story about "The Harvey Girls". The magazine is very fragile as some of the pages tear easily and are browned but what a wonderful find for me wish I had paid the original fifteen cents!!



Finally the last piece I am going to post about today is original 1947 Sheet Music from "Easter Parade"----"It Only Happens When I Dance With You" starring Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Peter Lawford and Ann Miller. Again this was in thanks to E-bay and for I might add a song and a dance--ba dump bump

Ok, now after seeing this I REALLY HAVE TO GO "Over the Rainbow" if partial nudity is not your thing be forwarned! But gosh these guys are gorgeous!!!

No comments: