According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Friday, November 21, 2008

Some things


I want to start with what happening here.....Well yesterday was really rough here, as in my hands were really bad. One of the worst days I have had in a few weeks. The soreness , tingling, burning and loss of feeling was through the roof! Add into this mix some really intense trembling--think sever Parkinson's and you get the visual idea.

I wasn't able to get much done at all and actually just to get my mind off of it for a while went and saw the Christmas decorations at our local mall. I know there isn't anything anybody can do about it but at times it does get to be a little much.

I also don't want people who read this blog to think by any means that I am bragging about the new "Oz or Judy" items I am getting because that is not my intention.

1#. I want people to enjoy seeing my collection. I have even had someone ask to show pictures of the room I have this stuff set up in, which I may do.

2#. I want people to realize what is out there. When I started I had no idea what was available and some of it as inexpensively as I have gotten it. There seemed to be so many sites talking about other collectibles but very few Oz sites and even fewer Judy sites.

3#. Finally I wanted to share in my joy, the fun and the excitement of the "hunt " and the "find" of the items I get. I know --as some friends have pointed out--I am obsessed with Judy to the point it is a little well as they said "weird". But I am hoping that those of you who love Oz and Judy as much as I do understand exactly where I am coming from.



So with those things in mind-- I got yesterday in the mail--courtesy of E-bay Original Sheet music from "Thousands Cheer" and the song believe it or not is called "I Dug A Ditch In Wichita" lyrics by Lew Brown and Ralph Freed and music by Burton Lane. This movie is now on my list of movies to see--as I have not.

And I finally got around to watching my other purchase with my baby sitting money "Easter Parade'. Now granted I have seen this before but it was nice as there was the extra added bonus features which I had not including an interview with Fred Astaire's daughter! Very cool to say the least.


The other thing I wanted to add was the ending where Judy is in that great hat and dress--is that friend of mine Micheal Siewert owns that dress and had it at the Oz Festival. It was one of the dresses I actually got to handle. Anyway at the end of the movie during that scene I was just crying and crying and crying--simply because it hit me I was that close to Judy--having Judy if you will in my hands.
I wouldn't know what I would do if I owned that dress like Michael does, I would probably be crying all the time . Hell I would be crying even if it was say a scrap of it . But I am grateful to Michael who does the "festival circuit" and shows the masses those dresses. Michael if your reading this WE--Judy's fans--LOVE YOU for it.


No comments: