According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Friday, November 14, 2008

Legally Blonde and new acquisitions



Well gang Jim and I saw "Legally Blonde: The Musical"last night, it is part of our season tickets to Cleveland Playhouse that we bought late last year. Even if they were the cheap seats and we are still making the payments on the package, the show as a whole was just incredible and wonderfully funny. We also did the pre-show and after show talks as well which gave incredible information about the show. If it comes to your area I highly recommend it!

As far as some of my newest acquisitions to my growing Judy Garland/Wizard of Oz collection--they are from E-bay as I have been slowly selling some of my dolls on E-bay as well. I know I should pocket the money but I just love Judy so!



The first piece is an original 1963 Movie poster from "A Child Is Waiting" which stars Burt Lancaster and Judy Garland. Judy plays a teacher for Mentally Retarded children, one only a few serious roles she played. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the movie as of yet but it is on my list of MUST sees.


The next piece is a China plate which is the second in the "Celebrity Clowns" Series from an original painting by Jon Helland It is numbered 3432 of 12,500 plates by American Heritage Fine China It measures approx. 10 1/4" in diameter.

I have done a new painting, actually a caricature of Judy which I have to photograph and post here, it is hanging in my "Judy Shrine" as Jim calls it and there is also a new yellow rose Christmas wreath hanging on the door to the room as Yellow Roses was Judy's favorite. Well till next time......


No comments: