According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


Well I can't believe the year is flying by so fast and we have another Memorial Day upon us. Good warm weather from here on out and I am going to enjoy more of it than I did last year--which last year I got my fair share.

I do want to take the time and remember those who have freely and willingly served our country throughout our history and those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so we may enjoy freedom.

I also want to remember those that we have lost to AIDS over the last near 25 years. For me personally that would be over 600 friends, co-workers, acquaintances, 3 boy friends and the countless others who cross our paths.

May our leaders in all offices keep our best interests at heart, may they hear our voices and may we finally be a little gentler, kinder and in a world of peace. May we treat each other with deep affection, willing to give of ourselves with no strings attached. But may we serve out of love.
May we remember the oppressed, the sick, the dying, the hungry, the homeless, the needy, the poor of spirit-health and who have no else to turn to.


Recorded for the Judy Garland Show Episode 20 on 01/24/64 and aired on 02/09/64

No comments: