According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Oz tins and other stuff

Well its bright and early and I thought I would get in my blogging before the day completely runs away. We are off to Cadiz, Ohio today for the Clark Gable Home Museum is having their yearly Festival and I think this years theme is "Gone With the Wind With the Munchkins".. Maragaret Pellgrinin, Jerry Maren and Karl Slover are all to be there as well as the little girl who was "Little Bonnie Blue Butler" now 70 years ago. Besides I need an Oz Festival fix .


It will be so nice seing the part of the munchkins again and to be honest they are part of the only things left from the original movie and with them in their 80's to 90's they are jsut cherished and loved treasures and I would love to spend as much time as I can afford with them as possible. Like all of us their time is limited before they too go over the rainbow.

Cadiz is only an hour away and not to terribly far from teh Ohio River, so it should be a fun day and hopefully some rather nice Oz finds will be there. Some of the members from the Yahoo Group "Everything Oz" will be there and it will be so nice seeing them again--since the last time was Chesterton and they are just the best people on the planet but I am biased as I am one of them .

Things have been rather busy the last few days, which I am not complaining about but I do realize I need to get more organized to try to get more accomplished within the day. Mainly in regards to my artwork and writing that I have been trying to do. I also would like to try to get back to making my one of a kind dolls i was doing there for a while and this time around I am only doing Oz dolls that are not related to the doll work I do for customers with the shop.

This is one of the conclusions I have come to about what am I going to do with 20 more years and this my friends is part of the answer. Oz dolls and art work, continue my collecting which I JUST ADORE and one other thing I would rather not mention just yet as it is still just a "very crazy idea "but one I hope can and will happen.

The Oz tins pictured here we found at the Holmes County Flea Market and are some of the newest things in my EVER growing collection of Oz and Judy Garland Memorabilia. I know it seems like to some that is all I talk about, think about, eat about and well poop about and it is more than likely the case but it just can not be helped the more I find my self doing with it the more I want to do. It stays so fresh and new and wonderful and I think part of the thrill is the hunt and what will be added next and over the next few days I think what I have gotten is some very neat things.


So stayed tuned and until then.........

No comments: