According to Examiner.com

According to Examiner.com
According to the Examiner.com---since 01/09/11

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

TV Guides

Ok I don't want people thinkingI hated "Young Judy" I didn't actually. The information about her early career before the Wizard of Oz is staggering and gave much more insight than some of the stuff I have read in little over 2 years since I really started collecting. But I will stand by the fact for me that "It is a little hard to swallow that according to the authors all of Judy's problems hinged on the lies told her about her father's homosexuality".

I know this book was written shortly after Stonewall, and things were not what they are now in regards to being gay, so I know you should keep a perspective on it. I know a few gay people/couples with children and their children are well balanced, loving, caring people. Enough said about all of that....

One of my finds at the Cadiz, Ohio "Gone With the Wind Festival" featuring 3 of the munchkins was the aforementioned book and two TV Guides from July 1-7 2000. At first the woman wasn't going to sell them as she was really there selling home decor, the kind you find at those "home shows" some of us have. "I really only brought them for table decoration and never thought anybody would want to buy them. I actually got them at a garage sale and hvae no idea what they are worth."

Well somebody did and thanks to Deb Dwyer from the "Everything Oz" Yahoo Group I got them and for a song and a dance as well. Deb you are the greatest and I am a huge fan of yours. $5.00 a piece--KACHING! These are the first TV Guides in my collection and now I have to look for the other two. There are some nice articles in the it both of the TV Guides are the same except the covers. If you have extra's laying around or find some send them my way (smile).

Well gang until tomorrow and further down the Yellow Brick Road.

No comments: